The word “tithe” is derived from the Hebrew word ma’aser and it literally means a tenth. Ten percent of everything belongs to the Lord. In Malachi 3:10-11, God says, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house.” The ‘storehouse’ is the Old Testament picture of the New Testament church. So as New Testament followers of Christ we worship the Lord with the tithe; or the ten percent.
But giving away 10% of your income can be a big–and often frightening–commitment! That’s why we created the Three-Month Tithe Challenge: a money-back guarantee of sorts. Essentially, it’s a contract based on the promises of God in Malachi 3:10-11. We commit to you that if you tithe for three months and God doesn’t hold true to His promises of blessings, we will refund 100% of your tithe. No questions asked.
God doesn’t need our money. He owns everything. But we give first because it takes faith to give first and God wants us to trust Him. He tells us in Proverbs 3:9-10 to “honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops and then your barns will be filled with overflowing.” We give first and the blessings of God follow.
How to Start:
- Read the terms and complete the registration form below. Your three months will begin according to the challenge start date on your registration form. You can also pick up a copy of this on Sunday mornings at Journey and turn it in there or mail it in.
- Begin Tithing! You can give by check or cash with a Journey offering envelope on Sunday mornings, or by mailing it (in a Journey offering envelope) to P.O. Box 421 Franklin, IN 46131.
- I understand this form must be completed and received by Journey Church prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period.
- I understand any request for refund must be received by the Lead Pastor within 30 days of the end of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period.
- I understand that, whether paid at Journey or by mail, my tithe must be paid by check or by using a Journey offering envelope, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
- I understand I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period.
- I would like to test God’s faithfulness by accepting the Three-Month Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the three-month period, I will contribute to God, through Journey Church, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the three-month period, if I am not convinced of God’s faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that 90-day period.
Questions? Read our Tithing Challenge FAQ
Registration Information (form at bottom of page)